Tex-Mex Pasta Salad – My kids love this one!
1 Pound uncooked Pasta (Radiatore or spiral of some sort)
2 tsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves – minced
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
3/4 cup water
1 package Mild taco seasoning (such as Old El Paso)
2 cups shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
2 cups chopped, seeded tomatoes
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 can black beans – rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice – I use more – to taste
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 8oz sour cream – optional
salsa – optional
- Cook pasta – set aside.
- In large skillet, with oil, MED heat, add – garlic for 1 minute
- Add turkey – cook until browned
- Stir in water and taco seasoning – bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- In a large bowl – combine pasta, turkey mixture, cheese, tomatoes, bell pepper,cilantro, onion, olives and black beans.
- Combine lime juice, salt, cumin and if using sour cream. Stir and pour over pasta mixture
- Serve with salsa (optional)
This is also one of my old faithful pot luck dishes. It yields about 12 serving of 1 1/3 cups each – so it feeds a bunch.